Your company has multiple options for getting invoice PDFs imported and attached in TermSync. Once an invoice PDF is attached in TermSync, your customer is able to retrieve the document from their customer portal. For manually uploading an invoice PDF into TermSync, please see your options below.
Manually Uploading Invoice PDF
1. Start by pulling up the invoice in TermSync. You can do this by searching the invoice number in:
a. The Search Bar
b. The Invoice Listing
c. A filter by Create new filter -> Advanced Search Options -> PDF Attachments: Invoice PDF Attached? - No
2. After selecting the invoice number, you will be taken to the Invoice Details section. Here is where you can upload the invoice PDF to the e-invoice in TermSync.
3. Take advantage of the efficiency available when you manually upload the invoice in TermSync. Here you'll see the option to send the customer an email notification letting them know the PDF is now available.
Additionally, if the customer has requested the invoice PDF through TermSync, their request will be automatically marked as fulfilled in your solution.
Attaching Invoice PDF in Message
1. Your customer can request an invoice PDF through their Available Actions on the customer portal.
2. When they click on Request PDF, you receive a notification in TermSync.
2. From this notification in TermSync, you can click Reply and attach the requested PDF to the message. The customer will receive your reply as an email with the PDF as an attachment.
Automatically Uploading Invoice PDF
Instead of manually uploading invoice PDFs, you can automate the process and focus on more critical aspects of your day to day while your customer has all the resources they need at their fingertips. You can review the Number of PDF Requests via the Executive Summary* to get a visual of the efforts your team expends on a month-to-month basis.
*Admin rights are necessary for this view.
1. Click on the Edit Layout.
2. Drag and drop Number of PDF Requests from Available Graphs to Selected Graphs. Hit Apply.
3. For setting up automatic import of invoice PDFs, please contact your Account Manager or email@example.com. We'd be happy to assist in making your A/R life easier!