In this lesson you will identify the top 4 to 5 reasons why your customers pay invoices late. Then categorize all past due invoices to the trend. The Bank Authorizer role is required to edit the reasons for lateness.
Managing Reasons for Lateness
1. Navigate to the Root Cause drop-down menu, and select Reasons for Lateness.
2. Locate the Manage root cause timing and labels, and click that link to enter your Reasons for Lateness.
3. Now enter your Reasons for Lateness, and click the Add button when complete.
4. If reasons are already entered, you can edit or delete them at anytime by clicking the pencil or trash can.
5. Once your reasons are entered, you want to select the number of days a transaction must be past due before you require a reason to be added. Lastly, select Update. This will populate your invoice list.
5. Now that you've entered your reasons and required timing, navigate back to the Reason for Lateness section.
6. You will see a list of all of the invoices that meet your Required Timing. So if you selected 45 days as your Required Timing, you will see a list of all invoices that are 45 days past due.
7. You can go down the list, and select an individual reason for each by clicking on the Reason drop-down menu.
8. Or you can select multiple invoices that have the same Reason for Lateness and assign them.
a. Check the applicable invoice(s).
b. Select the Bulk Assign option.
c. Select the appropriate Reason for Lateness here.
d. Lastly, Assign Reasons to those selected invoices.
The Reason will be converted to the one you selected, and there will be check marks next to each.