Yes! You can assign a task to a colleague regardless of their department. They do not need to be a TermSync user. However, non-TermSync users will only have access to the customer information associated with the task. In addition, you'll have the ability to track the completion of any tasks you create.
- Tasks can be assigned at the individual invoice level, assigned to several invoices using bulk assigning, at the customer level, or even as an associated task under logged collection calls.
- You can assign an unlimited amount of tasks to anyone in your organization by entering the correlating email address and your own customized message.
- Tracking completion is easier than ever with email reminders, completion-notifications, and customized reports based on the columns you choose.
Assigning Tasks at the Invoice and Customer Level
1. There are two sections that allow you to assign a task to a colleague.
A. Invoice Level - Use the Search Bar to locate the applicable invoice. Select the Create Task button under the Associated Tasks section.
B. Customer Level - This is located within the Collections Calls tab on the Customer page. Select the Create Task button under the Associated Tasks section.
2. A screen will open that allows you to create your message in the Description, choose the Task Type, assign your colleague in Assign to, choose Expected Completion Date, and send a reminder with the Send Completion Date Reminder Email. You can request notification of completion as well by simply checking Notify Me Upon Completion.
3. Once the information in the task is entered, click the Create Task button. That will notify the user of their assigned task by email. The email will include the description and a link to everything the user needs to complete the task.
Assigning Multiple Invoices
1. You can create a task that includes several invoices by selecting the invoices needed in the Invoice Listing and choosing the bulk action of Create Task.
2. Then click the Apply button. A screen will open that allows the ability to create the task in the same manner as mentioned above.
Assigning Multiple Invoices within the Root Cause Section
1. Navigate to the Root Cause drop-down menu.
2. Select the the invoices that need to be assigned from the list of Root Cause Categories, and select Create Task.
3. Select the Create Task once populated.
4. A screen will open that allows the ability to create the task in the same manner as mentioned above.
Customizing Reports to Track Tasks
To customize filters and create reports to track task-completion out of TermSync, navigate to Tasks and select Tasks Listing.
1. To apply filters to the current list, click Edit Filter located on the top-right.
2. Choose the applicable filters for your desired outcome.
Please Note: You have control over what columns are present in the report. Navigate to Choose Columns at the bottom of Task Filters, and make your selections by dragging from column one (Available Columns) into column two (Selected Columns).
3. Scroll down to locate Apply Filter. Select this button to generate your filter.
4. Don't forget to save your selections for easy-access moving forward. Hover over Filters at the top-right of your screen, and select Save Filter As.
5. Give your filter a name. The default setting allows the capability to share your new filter with other members of your company. If you do not wish to share, uncheck the box prior to clicking the Save Filter button.
Please Note: If you wish to save the results of the filter, export the them as a CSV file. Saving a filter does not save the results.