The Tasks feature in TermSync takes a typical email notification to the next level. You not only loop-in other departments when their assistance is needed, but you also have the ability to track and report on the status of the tasks you are waiting on.
1. Navigate to Tasks and choose Create New Task from the drop-down.
2. Draft your message just as if you were sending out the email with the directions for your colleague.
2. Choose the appropriate status, the date you expect the task to be completed and a helpful reminder notification sent on the date you choose.
3. Enter the recipient's contact information. If they are not a TermSync user, they will only have access to the Tasks feature in TermSync to easily view this action-item without getting unwarranted access to the system.
4. Don't forget to include notification when the task is completed sent to you as the task creator. You'll want to check this box if it is something you are tracking.
5. Now you can easily create, save and schedule delivery of the tasks you've assigned by navigating back to the Tasks Listing and choosing the Filters tab.
Please Note: If your colleague has to reassign the task you've presented him or her with through TermSync, you will still receive notification when the task is complete (if you've checked that box). If you want to quickly review the status-history of the task, click on the specific task in your Tasks Listing and navigate to the Changes Made To Task board.