Tasks is the go-to TermSync tool when you need to loop-in a colleague, research a customer dispute, take advantage of auto-reminders (aka no more sticky notes attached to your desktop), or even track tasks that have yet to be completed.
Setting Up & Creating Tasks
1. The first step in using the Tasks feature effectively is defining custom task types. TermSync will always offer the following task categories by default:
- Assign Reason for Lateness
- Escalated Collection Call
a. If your A/R department identifies additional categories of tasks, you can add them by navigating to the Tasks drop-down and choosing Manage Custom Task Types.
b. Click Add New Custom Task Type, enter the name of the category, and lastly choose Add New.
c. Keep in mind you can create a report based on the Task Type within the Filters tab under the Tasks Listing.
2. Now that you've got your Task Types established, you're ready to create a task in TermSync.
a. Navigate to the Tasks drop-down, and choose Create New Task.
b. Within the Tasks Details board, you have the following features available:
- Description (text box where you type your message)
- Task Type (can add new if needed)
- Assigned To (choose current or add new user within your company)
- Expected Completion Date
- Send Completion Date Reminder (checkmark)
- Notify Me Upon Completion (checkmark)
Although you don't need to utilize all of these features, take advantage of the auto-reminders and auto-notifications upon completion!
3. You'll want to include the customer with the task. The Customer field is a search bar. Enter and select the appropriate customer(s).
4. Include the transactions that are associated with this task. The Invoice # field is a search bar. Enter and select the appropriate invoice(s).
A favorite feature you may want to utilize is the option to mark tasks completed when the associated transactions complete in TermSync. All you need to include is the checkmark!
Please Note: If you've added a new user as the recipient of the task, he or she will have limited access to TermSync, allowing just for the customer and transactions you've included to be accessible.
5. Enter credit information if the customer has any open credits that can be used. This too is a searchable field.
6. Your task is ready to be logged and tracked in TermSync by clicking Create Task.
7. A paired notification will be sent via email to the task recipient.
Need more information on tracking Tasks in TermSync? Review the below FAQs.