Logging a collection call in TermSync allows you to record the most recent update on a customer's past due account in TermSync. These logged notes are easy to include in your customized filters and scheduled reports. You can also review the collection call history of each customer before reaching out, no matter who logs the call on your AR team.
Your Call Log Rules automatically prioritizes which customers you need to contact for the given day based on your established collections strategy.
Logging a Collection Call
1. Navigate to your To-Do List from your Receivables Dashboard.
2. Navigate to your Collection Calls Needed and click on the number (15 in the screenshot) or View. Either will take you to your listing of the customers to contact for the given day.
2. You are redirected to your Calls Needed Listing. From this listing, click on the customer's name or ID.
3. Now you have landed in your customer's account in TermSync within the Collection Calls tab. This is where you can review the customer's collection call history, call log rules, contact information, and any open tasks.
4. From the Collection Status section, click on Log a Call or Defer Call.
a. Defer Call - An internal note is required to be logged in order to defer the needed call for the given day. This customer will fall off of your Collection Calls Needed listing until the follow-up date you enter. Please note you can only defer a needed call for up to 30 days before it will appear back on your list for review.
b. Log Call - Clicking on this button will take you to the Log a Call interface. This is where you will log your notes on this specific customer and the correlating transactions.
i. To log your collection call, start by reviewing the statistics on the top-right. Specifically, you can review the reason the customer is on your list for the given day.
Additionally, you'll want to review the note fields. You must log a note in one of the provided fields in order to successfully log the collection call.
Customer Note - The notes you log in this section are visible to your customer in their online custome portal and your AR team (i.e., any users in your TermSync account).
Call Log Private Note - The notes you log in this section are only visible to your AR team (i.e., any users in your TermSync account).
ii. Next, you will want to include how you attempted to contact the customer.
iii. You can also log a promised payment and the reason for late payment that you get from your customer for greater insight and more detailed reporting on overdue accounts.
iv. It's important you only include a checkmark for the transactions that relate to the notes and/or promised payment and reason for lateness. Late transactions are checked by default.
v. When you are ready to submit your notes and remove this customer from your Calls Needed Listing, click on Log a Call.
You can also choose where you'd like to be redirected after you log this call. For example, if you have a follow-up task you need to create, you can be redirected into a new task specific to this customer which you can assign to yourself or someone at your company.