When logging a collection call in TermSync, both the open invoices and available credits are listed in the Log a Call table. You can access this table by clicking into your collection calls needed, clicking into a specific customer, and then choosing Log a Call.
Although the customer will never fall on the Collection Calls Needed listing based on the age of their available credits, you can log a customer and/or call-log private note for the correlating credits just like you would log a collection call for the customer's late invoices.
1. For example, if the customer has promised to send a check for the remaining balance once the available credits are applied to the customer's account, you can note this as well as log the promise-to-pay for the adjusted balance.
2. By including a checkmark next to each credit memo when logging the collection call, the customer note or call-log private note will then be associated with that credit. This will be noted in the Collection Call History under the Called On column.
How can I use the Filters tab within the Credit Listing?
You can apply filters and schedule reports from the Credit Listing that include the call log notes and most recent contact information (i.e., contact name, contact note, contact date).
1. Simply navigate to the Credit Listing, choose the Filters tab, and choose to create a new filter.
2. From here, you'll want to click on Choose Columns to include the call log notes in your report.
3. Once you've applied your filter, you can save this report or even export to CSV to review.
Logging a Collection Call using the Bulk-Action Feature
When working out the Credit Listing, you may want to log a collection call or an internal note using the bulk-action feature.
1. Include checkmarks next to each credit memo from the Credit Listing, and you'll notice the bulk-action feature appears across the top of your listing.
2. From this feature, you can create a task, add an internal note, log a collection call, and send a message to the correlating customers which will apply to the credits you've checked.
3. For logging a collection call, choose this action from the bulk-action feature dropdown and click Apply.
4. From the Add Collection Call interface, you can proceed with logging the appropriate customer or private notes for the credits listed in the Credits board (these are the credits you've checked from the listing).