Follow these steps to log collection calls on credits and use filters in Credit Listing.
Logging a Collection Call on Credits
1. When logging a collection call in TermSync, both the open invoices and available credits are listed in the Log Call table. You can access this table by clicking Collection Calls Needed, selecting a specific customer, and then choosing Log Call.
2. Select the invoice(s) and credit(s) to apply. Although the customer will never fall on the Collection Calls Needed listing based on the age of their available credits, you can log a Customer Note and/or Call Log Private Note for the correlating credits just like you would log a collection call for the customer's late invoices.
3. For example, if the customer has promised to send a check for a partial payment once the available credits are applied to the customer's account, you can note this as well as log the Promise to pay by date for the adjusted balance.
Please Note: If you require further assistance on how to log and track a promise to pay, click here.
4. By including a check mark next to each credit memo when logging the collection call, the Customer Note or Call Log Private Note will then be associated with that credit. This will be noted in the Collection Call History under the Called On column.
Logging a Collection Call Using Bulk Action
When working out the Credit Listing, you may want to log a collection call or an internal note using the bulk action feature.
1. Include check marks next to each credit memo from the Credit Listing, and you'll notice the Choose a bulk action feature pop-up. From here, you can select from four options that will apply to the credits you've checked.
2. For example, when logging a collection call, choose this action from the bulk action feature drop-down and click Apply.
3. From the Add Collection Call interface, you can proceed with logging the appropriate Customer Note or Private Note for the credits previously selected.
Using Filters within the Credit Listing
You can apply filters and schedule reports from the Credit Listing that include the call log notes and most recent contact information (e.g., contact name, contact note, contact date).
1. Simply navigate to the Credit Listing, choose the Filters tab, and choose to Create new filter.
2. From here, you'll want to click on Choose Columns and drop/drag Public Call Log Notes and Private Call Log Notes.
3. Once you've applied your filter, you can:
a. Save filter as
b. Export CSV to review