You can review both the open A/R file and the customer-contact file sent to TermSync. Often, these files are being imported into your TermSync account each night or early morning. You will want to review the reports associated with these two files to ensure the data is syncing as you expect.
AR Sync File Report
1. Navigate to the Reports tab. Choose AR Sync File Report.
2. Each line on this report represents an attempt to sync the open A/R file to your TermSync account. A successful import will show you the number of invoices and credits that were created, closed, and modified. You can click on the hyperlinked numbers to review the correlating listing of invoices.
3. Along with reviewing what's been updated, you will want to review the Details column which will list any invoice that was not able to update in TermSync. Click on View to review this section.
a. Once you've clicked into the Details section, you will notice two tables: the Invoices Not Processed table and the Credit Not Processed table. Reviewing each line of each table will provide you with the invoice number, the line number assigned to the invoice in the A/R file, the dollar amount that was ignored during the import, and the dollar amount open in TermSync for that invoice.
b. Click on details for more information as to why the import was not successful. In this example, we can see that this invoice was paid in TermSync in the full amount of $252.00, therefore, TermSync will not reopen the invoice not processed.
Instead, you would want to log this payment in your master accounting system so it is no longer coming over in this file as it's been paid in full within TermSync by the customer but is still listed as an invoice not processed on the data file.
c. If your invoice not processed has been marked Completed Outside of TermSync by mistake because it was no longer listed on the A/R file but should have been, you can reopen the invoice not processed in TermSync by clicking on the invoice number. You will see the option to Reopen Transaction under the list of Available Actions within the Invoice Details section.
4. Lastly, you can download the file that has been imported into TermSync. Navigate to the AR Sync File Report and click on the download-icon on the far right for each line.
Customer-Contact File Report
1. Navigate to the Reports tab. Choose Customer File Report.
2. Each line on this report represents an attempt to sync the customer-contact file to your TermSync account. A successful import will show you the date received, date completed on, status, lines processed, lines errored, those correlating errors, and the option to download the file (just like you see in the AR Sync File Report).
3. In this report, you will want to pay attention to the Errors column. By clicking on the error-icon, you can download a CSV file that pulls the lines that contain an error such as an invalid email address.
4. You can also download the file in its entirety by clicking on the download-icon on the far right.