If you have credit(s) available in your online Account Statement, you can apply them in just a few clicks! There is more than one way to apply credits using this online portal. Here are instructions for applying credits to your balance (oldest open invoice first) and applying credits to a specific invoice.
Applying Available Credits To My Account Balance
1. You'll want to be sure you are in your Account Statement. The best way to confirm this is by clicking Account Statement across the top.
2. Now that you are in your Account Statement, notice the invoices are listed in the first table under Invoice #, and the available credits are listed in the second table under Credit #.
a. While you're reviewing your account, take advantage of the net balance presented to you in the Summary board to the right of the tables.
3. While you are reviewing the net balance, you will notice a series of Available Actions listed for you to take advantage of in your online account statement. If you are looking to apply the available credits, you'll need to click on Apply Credits.
Please Note: You must have credits available in order to see this available action. If you have credits available but don't see this option, you may want to contact the company you are doing business with directly to discuss the application of credits to your account.
4. You are now redirected to a list of your available credits. You can quickly choose the credits you'd like to apply by including a checkmark on the far left. Lastly, click Apply Credits.
a. By applying your credits through this feature, the system will automatically apply the credits you've selected to the open invoices starting with the oldest invoice and continuing until all of the selected credits have been applied or there are no open invoices left. TermSync presents this information to you in your account - so don't worry, you'll see this explanation again!
5. After you click Apply Credits, you will receive a pop-up confirming your action to apply credit(s) to oldest open invoices. Click OK.
6. You'll receive a pop-up showing it was successfully applied. Also, you'll see that the stages update from Open to Fully Applied for each credit.
7. For a final review, click on Account Statement again. Your account will reflect these updates right away. In the above example, the credits that were available totaled $1,055.00 and 2 credits totaling $211.00 was used which results in a new credit balance of $844.00.
The 2 credits used cm1 and cm10 are no longer listed under Credit #.
Applying Available Credits To An Invoice
If you have credit(s) you would like to apply to a specific invoice, you will want to start by following steps 1 and 2 from Applying Available Credits to My Account Balance then proceed below.
1. Identify which invoice you'd like to apply credits to, and click on that correlating invoice number.
2. You are now in the invoice. Under Available Actions, you'll see Choose and apply credits. Click on this option.
3. You will see all available credits listed as an option to apply to the transaction. Include a checkmark to the far left of each credit that should be applied to this transaction. Click on Apply Selected Credits.
4. You will receive a pop-up confirming your action to apply credit(s) to this transaction. Click OK.
5. You will receive a confirmation popup stating the credits have been applied successfully. The Amount will reflect the credit(s) applied. In the above example, the original amount was $1,485.00 and a credit of $102.00 was applied for a new amount total of $1,383.00.
6. Click on Account Statement across the main menu to see these updates reflected in your account immediately.
Looking to apply your credits to the account balance and schedule payment for the remaining amount? Click here.