You can approach this task in two ways: assign the reason the invoice is late while logging the collection call or assign the reason from the Root Cause Analysis Listing.
Log a Call Table
1. When logging a collection call in a customer's account, you will navigate to the Collection Calls Needed Listing, click on a customer's name/ID.
2. Next you'll click on Log Call.
3. From the Log a Call interface, you would normally log your collection call notes (public or private note) on the transactions you've included a checkmark next to. You can also assign those checked transactions the reason they are late from the drop-down bar across the top of the table.
4. After assigning the reason by choosing from the drop-down and clicking Assing Reasons, you'll notice the transactions that have now been assigned to a reason show a checkmark which you can hover over for more information.
a. These transactions that you'v assigned reasons to will be removed from your assigned list of transactions that require a reason for lateness on both the To-Do List and the overall list within the Root Cause Analysis.
Root Cause Analysis: Reasons for Lateness
Another way to categorize the given transactions with their correlating reasons for lateness is through your To-Do List.
1. Navigate to the Receivables Dashboard where you find your To-Do List.
2. Click into Root Cause: Reasons for Lateness (click on the number assigned to this row or View).
3. Assign the reasons you've been given by the customer for why the invoice or invoices are late by the bulk-action feature or one-by-one using the drop-down bar included for each transaction on the list.
a. Keep in mind you can always click into a specific customer and then work out of the Reasons for Lateness tab specific to that customer's transactions.
b. If you've assigned a reason by mistake, you can fix this! Just click on the invoice number. Within the Invoice Details section, you will see the option to change the reason to none selected.