You can approach this task in two ways:
1. Assign the reason the invoice is late while logging the collection call.
2. Assign the reason from the Root Cause Analysis listing.
Assigning Reason for Lateness in Collection Call
1. When logging a collection call in a customer's account, you will navigate to the Collection Calls Needed listing, click on a Customer or Customer ID.
2. Next you'll click on Log Call.
3. From the Log a Call interface, you would normally log your collection call notes (public or private note) on the transactions you've included a check mark next to. You can also assign those checked transactions by clicking Reason for lateness, and then selecting from the drop-down menu that will populate.
4. These transactions that you've assigned reasons to will be removed from your assigned list of transactions that require a Reason for lateness on both the To-Do List and the overall list within the Root Cause Analysis.
Assigning Invoice's Reason for Lateness in Root Cause Analysis
Another way to categorize the given transactions with their correlating Reason for lateness is through your To-Do List.
1. Navigate to the Dashboard drop-down, and select Receivables.
2. To the right, you will find your To-Do List. Click into Root Cause: Reasons for Lateness. Click on the number assigned to this row or View.
3. Assign the reasons you've been given by the customer for why the invoice(s) is late by Bulk Assign feature and selecting a reason.
4. Once you click Assign Reasons, this will populate in the Reason column for the checked invoice(s).
5. Keep in mind you can always click into a specific customer, and then work out of the Reasons for Lateness tab specific to that customer's transactions.
6. If you've assigned a reason by mistake, you can fix this! Just click on the invoice number.
a. Within the Invoice Details section, click on Change this?
b. Then choose none selected in the drop-down.
c. Lastly, hit Save Reason.