Our address validation process has improved! What does this mean for you? If you use postal mail to deliver your invoices, a reduction in the number of failed deliveries! TermSync runs through the file that is sent over, and determines what is accurate and what is not, storing only those that are vetted as valid. This article will outline how to pull all invalid postal mail addresses so you know what needs correction. Customers cannot make payment if they are not receiving their invoices.
Customer File Report
The Customer File Report houses all your invalid postal mail addresses. Follow the below steps to pull this report.
1. Select the Reports drop-down menu.
2. Select Customer File Report.
3. This report will show the following columns:
- Received - Date TermSync received the file
- Completed on - Date TermSync fully processed and completed the file
- Completed - File has been completed in TermSync
- Duplicate - File has exact same data as the previous file that was completed
- File Invalid - Invalid CSV format
- Lines Processed - Total number of lines processed
- Lines Errored - Total number of lines with errors
- Triangle Icon - Error(s) present
- None - No errors
- Download Icon - Download a copy of the customer file
4. If you hover over the triangle icon, you will see Click to download a CSV of this file's errors. Click on the icon.
5. Once the file has been downloaded, you'll see 4 columns:
- Line Number - The line number in the file in which there is an error
- Customer ID - Unique ID/Customer ID of your customer
- Error Message:
- The state code is not valid - Invalid state code/abbreviation
- Invalid zip code - Invalid zip code
- Missing required value - Missing address line 1, city, postal code, and/or state if the country requires it
- Value too long - Needs to be 50 characters or less
- If there is text in the field, that is the inaccurate data in question
- If the field is blank, the required information is missing
6. After reviewing the report, you can edit the addresses in your accounting system so that the next file will pull over with the updated data, or update directly in TermSync if you are not sending over a file.
Company Address and Routing File Requirements
- Address line 1, city, and postal code are required
- Address line 1, address line 2, and city must be 50 characters or less
- Postal code must match a valid postal format for the country
Validations That Vary by Country:
- If the address is not in the U.S., a valid 2 character country code is required. If a country is not specified, it is assumed it is in the U.S., and U.S. formatting rules are applied.
- If the country requires a state in its address format, a state value is required.
- If the country is the U.S., the state must be a valid 2 character state abbreviation or a full state name.