TermSync gives your customers the option to dispute an invoice. In the past they would manually enter a reason for the dispute. However, now you are able to control this by creating a drop-down menu of options for their selection. This article details the process of how to create your dispute reasons and their management. It will also discuss your customer's experience.
Creating Dispute Reasons
1. The first step is to brainstorm a list of dispute reasons.
2. Then navigate to Manage Root Cause Analysis under the Root Cause drop-down menu.
3. Select New Root Cause Category.
4. In the Add a New Root Cause Category fill out the following:
a. Subject Type select Invoices
b. Check mark the Related to dispute management
c. Select Criteria select Filtered
d. Label - give it a name such as Disputed
e. Expand the Advanced Search Options
f. In Ever Disputed, select Has Been Disputed.
g. Lastly, click Save
5. You'll see the new category below the Reasons for Lateness. All your disputed invoices will be pulled in under the Root Causes to Select column. Click on Disputed.
Please Note: If you need to edit the name of your category select the pencil icon.
6. You will land on a listing of invoices that need dispute reason assignments.
a. Summary of the Category Criteria, total number of invoices, and the Filtered by criteria
b. Root Cause column not yet populated with reasons
c. You can Edit Filter if you need to see additional columns, etc
d. Click Manage disputes root causes to create your reasons
7. In the Add a new Disputes root cause:
a. Enter a reason in Root Cause
b. Check mark Selectable by payer. This is what allows the reason to show as an option to your customer in their portal.
c. Save by clicking Add
d. Repeat the above steps for each dispute reason
8. Each reason will populate. You can edit or delete using the pencil icon or trash bin.
Please Note: In regards to the Other root cause, this will automatically created as a catch-all for payers and is not editable.
9. If you navigate back to the Root Cause drop-down, you'll notice that Disputes is now an option. Select to land back on the Disputes page.
10. The Root Cause column is populated with the reasons you created.
11. From here, you can Bulk Assign Root Cause by:
a. Select applicable invoices
b. Default will be Bulk Assign Root Cause
c. Select a reason
d. Click Assign
Please Note: There will be a backlog of disputed invoices that will need to be assigned.
12. There will be a pop-up message at the top if your action was successful. The invoices will convert to the reason you selected. If you made an error, you can click here to deselect currently selected rows.
13. Moving forward, your customers will be assigning a reason when they dispute an invoice.
14. If your disputed invoices are handled by a certain individual or another department, you can escalate these through a task. Tasks are a great way to communicate better and improve efficiency overall. You can assign a task to a colleague that is not a TermSync user. In addition, their access is read only to the account(s) and invoice(s) sent to them via the task. You can create a task via the bulk action on the disputes page.
a. For example, you have assigned 4 disputed invoices the reason of Billing Error: Pricing Issue as seen on the above example. You can now assign those invoices to a colleague via a task by selecting Bulk Assign Root Cause drop-down to Create Task then select the Create Task button.
b. From here, you can fill out your task. You'll notice that the customer and 4 invoices are attached at the bottom.
If you need assistance filling out the task or other detail, click here for the FAQ.
15. You will be able to manage your disputes on your To-Do List as it will be automatically displayed after the setup is complete.
Your Customer's Experience - Disputing an Invoice
With the above steps completed on your part, now we will walk through your customer's experience.
1. After the customer has logged into their portal, they will select an invoice and in their Available Actions. They will click Dispute.
2. A pop-up of the Dispute Invoice will appear:
a. The customer can Dispute the entire amount or Dispute part of this payment.
b. Additional information for the dispute can be entered in the Reason for Dispute (required).
c. In the Disputed drop-down menu, they will select one of the reasons you created.
3. You will receive a notification of the disputed invoice.