We can use the customer contact list you submit to send communications to your customers based on the preferences you outline. Below are the requirements you must adhere to in order for us to process your request.
- The file format should be a text, comma separated values file (.CSV).
- The file name should be “contacts.csv”.
- The optional column headers should only be included if being used.
- There is no limit to the number of contacts you can include for each customer. However, only one contact should be listed per line in this file.
- You can send the contact list via SFTP. Your account manager will provide the SFTP credentials.
- We recommend you automatically deliver this file at least once a day to ensure your company has updated information in the system.
File Headers and Definitions
- Vendor ID (Optional) – This field should match the custom field on the Open AR File that identifies separate subsidiaries.
- Customer ID (Required) - This is the customer ID assigned in your ERP/account system.
- Customer Name (Required) – This is the customer’s company name.
- Customer Contact Email Address (Optional) – This is the accounts payable contact email address. If you have multiple email addresses for the same customer, create a new line per email address.
- Customer Contact First Name (Optional) - This is the first name of your contact for the customer (e.g., their AP Rep). You can add both the first and last name to this field if you are unable to separate them into two fields.
- Customer Contact Last Name (Optional) - This is the last name of your contact for the customer (e.g., their AP Rep).
- Customer Contact Phone Number (Optional) - This is the phone number of your contact for the customer.
- Job Title (Optional) – This is the title associated with the contact of your customer.
- Description (Optional) - This column includes any notes you may have about a customer (e.g., “It is best to call John in the afternoon,” or “Sue only works on Tuesdays and Thursdays”).
- Reminders (Optional) – This field can be populated with a “yes” or “no” to determine whether you want your contact to receive automated payment reminders.
- Please note: The automated reminders are disabled by default until your company is ready to enable this feature. Only mark a contact “no” if they should never receive an automated payment reminder once the feature is enabled.
- Messages (Optional) - This field can be populated with a “yes” or “no” to determine whether you want your contact to receive direct messages through the customer portal.
- Please note: When sending a direct email message to your customer through the customer portal, you will be able to check/uncheck the appropriate recipients.
- Account Statement (Optional) - This field can be populated with a “yes” or “no” to determine whether you want your contact to receive the monthly account statement emails.
- Invoice Delivery (Optional) - This field can be populated with a “yes” or “no” to determine whether you want your contact to receive invoice PDFs via email.
- Please note: This field is only applicable if you subscribe to Invoice Delivery.
- Customer Category (Optional) – If you sort your customers into Customer Categories, you can list the associated category and category value for each customer to have it updated in the system.
- For example, if one of your customer categories separates your customers based on whether they hold a “Poor” payer rating, you would list them as such:
- Click here for more information regarding Customer Categories.