Do you manually create Collection Groups in TermSync? Then this enhancement applies to you! Previously, in order to assign a customer to a Collection Group, they had to be added individually. Now you can assign them en mass via a bulk action. What a time saver! This FAQ outlines how to use this new feature.
Please Note: If you are sending over Collection Groups on your data files, please continue to do so.
Adding New Customers to a Collection Group
You can make this part of your day-to-day workflow and easily manage it from your To-Do List.
1. Start by navigating to the Customers drop-down menu, and select Customer Listing.
2. Select Filters, and then Create New Filter.
3. Under the Created At, select Today.
4. Drag and drop over any columns you want to see on your filter.
5. Under Filters, you will want to Save Filter As...
6. Give your new filter a name such as Customers Created Today.
7. On the Receivables Dashboard, navigate to the To-Do List. Select Set My To Do List Preferences.
8. Perform the following steps:
a. Select Add New Custom To Do.
b. Give your item a name. It can be the same as the filter name.
c. Select your filter from the drop-down menu.
d. Click on Update.
9. This will then populate on your To-Do List. Select the Customers Created Today.
10. Check the desired customers to be assigned to a group.
11. If it's all customers on the current page, select the top checkbox.
12. If it's all customers on all pages, select the All pages tab. This will select all 150 new customers.
13. Don't forget you also have the option to expand your view to include 50 or 100 entries at the bottom of the page.
14. Choose a bulk action will appear at the top. Select Add Customers to Category.
15. Two additional options will appear. In the Select a customer category, select Collection Groups.
16. In the Select a customer category value, choose the appropriate Collection Group.
17. Lastly, hit Apply.
18. Repeat as needed.
Reassigning Existing Customers to a New Collection Group
Do you need to reassign a customer from one Collection Group to another? Here's how to manage this more easily.
1. In your Customers drop-down menu, select Customer Listing.
2. In the Filters, select Create New Filter.
3. If you know the customers from a particular Collection Group that need to be reassigned, select that group from the Collection Group filter options.
4. If you select more than one Collection Group, be sure to drag and drop the Collection Group column over.
5. Then, follow step 10 from the Adding New Customers to a Collection Group section above.
6. You can use any of the other filter options to narrow down your selection for reassignment.