Follow the steps below to split an invoice for a customer.
To Split an Invoice
- Click on the Invoices drop-down menu and select Invoice Listing.
- If you know the invoice number, you can search for it here.
- Click on the invoice number to open its page.
- Under Invoice Details, select Split Invoice.
- In the pop-up box, write the split amount. Under Reason for splitting invoice, you can provide an explanation.
- Ensure the amount you have entered is correct and click Split Invoice.
- Now you will see the updated remaining balance.
- To view the invoice with the amount you entered in the pop-up screen, click on the number associated with Related Transactions:
- This will take you to the other invoice listed for the amount you entered.
- You will also see two invoices listed for the same invoice number when you search for it.
To Change the Expected Pay Date
It is common for customers to request a later pay date, especially if they are splitting invoices.
Please Note: The new date cannot be before the original Expected Pay Date. If your customer indicates they plan to pay their invoice sooner than the current Expected Pay Date, you can leave the date as is.
- To change the Expected Pay Date, click on change next to the current date listed.
- In the pop-up window, select the New Pay Date by clicking in the blank space and selecting a day from the calendar.
- Provide a reason for changing the date.
- You can choose to have the new date forwarded to your customer by selecting this box:
- Click Reschedule.
- Now you should see the new date you selected currently listed for Expected Pay Date.