The open AR file contains open invoices and available credit memos for the given day that add up to your open AR balance. When you send this file daily, your customers’ invoices will be updated for you in TermSync based on the information you provide.
- The file format should be a text, comma separated values file (.CSV).
- While the content for some columns is optional, columns themselves must be present for columns 1-9.
- Custom columns can be in any order, but must be after columns 1-9.
- If you have custom fields to include, you can label them as you see fit.
- The specific translation of these custom fields will be set up by your account manager through their portal. Please contact them with questions.
File Headers and Definitions
Please include the following columns. As stated above, the content is optional where listed as such, but the columns are required.
- File Date (Required) – The submission date of the file. Every line in the file should have the same date, in the format MM/DD/YYYY.
- Customer ID (Required) – Unique customer ID assigned by your accounting system.
- Customer Company Name (Optional) – Name of customer company.
- Invoice Number (Required) – Invoice number for this transaction.
- Invoice Date (Required) – Date of the invoice in the format MM/DD/YYYY.
- Open Invoice Amount (Required) – This column should include the open amount of the invoice. Use only numbers and a decimal point. Omit characters such as dollar signs and commas. For credit amounts, show them as -2000, not (2000).
- Invoice Due Date (Optional) – Due date of the invoice, in the format MM/DD/YYYY. Only use this due date if it is greater than the terms you have listed for the customer in TermSync.
- Purchase Order Number (Optional) – Purchase order for this transaction, if one exists.
- Description (Optional) – Text description of transaction. As per .CSV convention, this should be enclosed with quotation marks if the description contains a comma or additional quotation marks.