Communicating with customers is convenient and simple within TermSync. Whether messages are sent within or outside of the system, you can keep track of all communications for each customer in the Messages & Notes section. You can also further simplify messaging by creating templates. Follow the steps below to learn more about messaging, notes and message templates.
Customer Details Section
1. Select your customer by either searching their name or customer ID number in the search bar, or clicking on their name from the Customer Listing
2. You will be taken to the Invoice page for that customer.
3. To review the customer’s contact information, select the Customer Details
4. From here, you’ll be able to review and update the:
a. Current customer contact information
b. Current payment information
c. Contacts on file
d. Customer address information
e. Invoice delivery note
Your address book shows all of the current contacts that will receive notifications and messaging sent from your company.
1. The General Contact Info section is typically used to provide the main point of contact for the customer, specific work schedules, if any contacts are on vacation, etc. It provides a space for whatever information is pertinent to your customer that you and your users should know.
a. This section also appears on the Collection Calls. This way, anyone making calls will be able to view this information easily.
2. Under the General Contact Info section, the contacts you have on file for this customer will be listed. You can add a new contact, or edit/delete the existing contacts. To edit, select the icon. To delete, select the icon.
a. Each contact is listed by their email address.
b. You can also check and uncheck the boxes for each contact to control whether they receive reminders and messages.
c. Click view next to a contact’s name to select the specific communication that is sent to that contact.
d. If a phone number is on file for a contact, you will be able to hover over the icon to see it.
e. The Last Active date shows when the contact was last active in TermSync via the login page.
If your customer would like to receive postal mail, you can update the Customer Address section on this page with the mailing address they provide by selecting Update address information. If they do not wish to receive postal mail, you can leave this blank.
Invoice Delivery Note
You can add a note for invoice deliveries in this section if there are any special instructions required for your customer. You can also leave this blank if there are no special notes to provide.
Messages & Notes Section
Once you have the contact information for your customer entered in the system, you can begin sending messages and adding notes about the customer under the Messages & Notes tab.
Messages and Internal Notes
The left side of your screen will display messages you have sent to your customers, as well as any messages you have received. Let’s look at the Customer Messages tab first.
Within this tab, you can:
1. Create a new message - Simply click this button to start drafting a new message to send to your customer in TermSync. You can also choose a message template from a list of pre-existing messages and/or attach other files with your message. (Scroll down for information on how to create a message template.)
You can also add a new contact email address from this screen by clicking Add a New Contact. The contact will also be added to the contact list after your message has been sent.
When your customer reviews their messages in their customer portal, they will see your message under Vendor Messages:
2. Review messages in more detail - If you click on the message, it will expand to show the full message that was sent.
a. Your customer has the same ability to review messages, as well as reply to them, within TermSync by selecting the Reply button. Additionally, they can choose to attach files and whether they require a response from you.
3. Log a message from a customer - If you receive a call or message outside of TermSync from a customer, this is an easy way to keep track of all correspondence in one place. You can either manually enter the information in the box provided, or you can attach a file.
The next tab over is Internal Notes. This tab is useful for documenting any information you and other users at your company might need access to.
To add an internal note:
1. Select Write an Internal Note.
2. In the pop-up screen, fill out the fields appropriately.
3. After you click Create, you will be able to view the note under this tab by selecting it. From here, you can edit the details, if needed. Please Note: You can also create internal notes for a specific invoice by accessing it on the Invoice Listing page. For more information on logging internal notes, click here.
The last tab available in this box is Postal Mail. If you would like to send a customer postal mail, you can fill out the information in the pop-up box.
Please Note: If you provide an address for your customer in the Customer Details tab, this information will auto-populate.
Create and Save Message Templates
A great way to streamline your messaging is by using message templates. Here are the steps for creating and saving message templates in your TermSync account:
1. Select Company Account Information from the drop-down menu.
2. Scroll down until you see the Message Templates section on the left-hand side of the screen.
3. Select Manage your message templates.
a. If you have an existing template, you can edit or delete it from here.
Moving forward, you can easily click on your message template and it will auto-populate within the body of your message.