You are able to send payment reminders to your customers via email (preferred) and postal mail through TermSync. The parameters for these reminders are easy to set up at the company, collection group, and customer levels. Determine who receives these reminders and when in order to continue smooth payment processing for your customers.
Payment reminders include a preview of the customer’s account statement and a link to their online account statement. These notifications are the most common way your customer accesses their online account.
You control the day of the week the reminders are sent, the frequency, the tolerance, the section visibility and the message you would like included within the reminder. However, only a customer with open/available transactions will qualify for an automatic payment reminder email sent via TermSync. If the customer has no open or available transactions at the current time associated with your parameters, there is no reminder sent.
Transactions that have been sent to collections, paid, have credits pending, were marked as scheduled outside of TermSync, and deposits are not included in reminders.
Setting Up Payment Reminder Preferences
Before your customers can receive automated email notifications, you will want to set up your Payment Reminder Email Preferences within your Company Account Information section.
At the Company Level
1. Select Company Account Information from your Profile Icon drop-down.
2. Navigate to Payment Reminder Email Preferences on the right-hand side of the screen.
3. For the first seven settings, you are setting up the general preferences for the email notifications. Click Edit to update the default setting to match your preference.
Level One, Two and Three Preference Settings
After your basic preferences are set, you will be able to determine the settings for sending standard payment reminders. These are typically used as friendly reminders that a customer’s payment is coming due or is past due.
You can also set up the email notification for your customers who are enrolled in AutoPay. These customers will receive a weekly notification letting them know what invoices are scheduled for payment.
If your customers are not currently signed up for AutoPay, click here to learn more about it.
At the Collection Group Level
If you use collection groups to categorize your customers in TermSync, you can set up the preferences for each separate group.
1. Navigate to the Receivables Dashboard.
2. Select Customers and Manage Customer Categories from the menu.
3. Click on Collection Groups.
4. Select View Details next to the Collection Group.
You will now see the Payment Reminder Preferences section for that specific group. Use this option to set up custom reminder preferences for that collection group. If you enable settings at this level, they will take precedent over the rules you have set up at the company level.
At the Customer Level
You can customize the payment reminder preferences for each individual customer.
1. Navigate to the customer you wish to set up specific preferences for by either searching the company name or ID in the search bar, or selecting them from the Customer Listing page.
2. In the customer's dashboard, select the Messages & Notes tab.
3. Here, you will be able to view past payment reminders that have been sent, as well as the box directly below for the Payment Reminder Preferences.
4. Follow the same steps listed above to customize your customer’s preferences.
Please Note: Not all preferences can be customized at the customer level. For example, the “Day of the week” must be set at the company level. A link will be provided to the company level settings when this occurs.
After you’ve set your preferences, we will auto-deliver payment reminder notifications to your customers when applicable. However, you are able to message your customers through TermSync at any time. Click here to learn more.
Status of Payment Reminder Notifications to Customers
Once you have payment reminders going out to customers, you will be able to check whether the customer has received, opened or even clicked on the notification.
1. Navigate to the customer’s Messages & Notes tab.
2. Note the Payment Reminders board on the top-right.
3. Expand the account overview to review delivery of payment reminders, including whether they have been opened by your selected recipient(s).
a. You can also click View Notification to see the reminder your customer received.
Please Note: You will not see anything listed here if your customer does not have an email address on file.
Review Payment Reminders to be Sent
TermSync provides a comprehensive list of payment reminders that will be sent soon. To access this:
1. Go to the Company Account Information page.
2. Under the Payment Reminder Preferences, change the Day of the week setting to “Send manually” by clicking edit and selecting it from the drop-down.
3. Click back into the Receivables page.
4. Under the Reports menu, select Reminders to Send.
5. This will take you to the full list of reminders that will be sent soon.
6. To manually send payment reminder emails:
a. From the list, uncheck any customer that you wish to omit. By unchecking the box, you are removing the customer from the list of who would receive the email notification via TermSync.
b. Within the Details board, review the total count for customers included and excluded from the correlating payment reminder, and click Deliver Reminders.
Please Note: Payment reminders will be automatically sent out 15 minutes after you've clicked Deliver Reminders within the Reminder Emails to Send report.
7. Once complete, you can keep the manual mode setting or revert back to a day of the week.